A brow lift or forehead lift reverses some of the effects of gravity and tightens the soft tissues of the forehead area to restore a more youthful contour to your forehead skin and eyebrow area. There are various brow-lift methods available which involve different length incisions in different locations and sometimes involve the use of an endoscope (mini video camera). Dr Hayduke prefers a modern brow-lift approach using an endoscope through strategically placed short incisions within the scalp. A youthful eyebrow at rest is positioned above the orbital rim, with a gradual arch at its outer tail, and the lateral end or ‘tail’ of the brow located higher than the inner end. As one ages, it is common for the eyebrow to assume a flat, low and horizontal position. The low position may make your forehead and eye area look intense, upset, angry and aged. If a sagging eyebrow inhibits your facial expression and makes your entire eye area look older, a brow lift is a time-tested method for rejuvenating and improving the appearance of the upper third of your face. Every year, thousands of people across the world undergo successful brow-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.
WHEN TO CONSIDER A BROWLIFT
- Sagging or low eyebrow position creates a tired, sad or grumpy (angry)appearance
- You have deep horizontal creases across the forehead
- You have frown lines or furrows between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose
- You have excess skin or fatty tissue hanging above your eyes (some patients also require a upper eyelid blepharoplasty at the same time for maximum improvement)
- If you are a female and you are unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, because the surface area has been obscured by drooping forehead tissues as you have aged.
- If you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow into a pleasing position and it eliminates most of the excess skin in your upper eyelid, a brow lift may be right for you. (some patients also require an upper eyelids blepharoplasty)
BEFORE and AFTER photos
Endoscopic browlift with minimal incisions. Note the elevation of the brows and increased smoothness of the entire forehead and glabella. She also gained improvement/elevation of her crow’s feet region. Her post operative appearance is clearly more attractive and youthful (eyelid surgery was not performed). Actual patient of Dr. Andrew Hayduke.
Endoscopic browlift with minimal incisions and upper eyelid blepharoplasty. Note the tasteful elevation of the eyebrows and improved smoothness of the forehead and glabella. Her post operative appearance is clearly more youthful and attractive. Actual patient of Dr. Andrew Hayduke.
Endoscopic browlift with minimal incisions and upper eyelid bleph. Note the crisp, clean, and youthful look of the eyelids and brows after surgery. Actual patient of Dr. Andrew Hayduke.
Visit Dr Hayduke’s portfolio page to see more before and after photos.